klik – a contact place for young people on the street. The „Klik“ is a place for youth and young adults until the age of 27, who are primarily on the street. The street has become their world of living and is the only alternative, to break with old structures, the most made negative experiences with.
Klik – a contact place for young people on the street
Life on the street means: no permanent places to stay or sleep, ongoing search for possibilities to survive, almost no contact to the family, social exclusion but also hope for a self determined life.
Goals of our work
The most important goal is, to pick up this hope and develop together with the youth a perspective for their lives; to strengthen the emotional and social resources of the young people and to enable their social participation.
Principles of our work
In our work we embark on a strategy of an accepting tenor towards the self chosen life stile of the young people and act on their issues. We orientate ourselves on their living world, the street and put the “whole young person” in the center of our work.
Place of refuge, contact point and advisory board:
- Room for a possible retreat, primary medical and food supply without stress, recreational planning, psychosocial counselling, as well as flexible support and placement.
Collective and self-organized actions
- First aid
- Crisis intervention
- Washing machines
- Hygienic supply
- Clothes supply
- alcohol/drug addiction
- law conflicts
- psychosocial counselling
- flexible support and case work
- placement in and accompaniment to other projects and departments
- the possibility of working in our project because of a court decision
- visitations in hospital or prison
- table soccer
- PC and Internet
- metal and wood garage
- photo laboratory
- creative activities like visits of the cinema, the swimming pool or theatre
Presence on the street
Several times a week streetwork at scene points, crisis intervention, counselling oriented at their living world, home visits.
- Specific gender work
- Support of east European youth and young adults
- Quality assurance (statistic, scientific monitoring and evaluation)
Our team and contact
Four social workers, weekly team meetings and case discussions, supervision and advanced training, cooperation and networking
Torstraße 205, 10115 Berlin
In the near of metro station Oranienburger Tor / Rosenthaler Platz
Monday:10 am – 3 pm (only office)
Tuesday:3 pm – 7 pm
Wednesday: 10 am – 3 pm (only office)
Thursday: 3 pm – 7 pm
Friday: 10 am – 3 pm
Individual times on request
GLS – Bank
Beneficiary Klik e.V.